Closing date: 10 May 2019
UNEMPLOYMENT, INEQUALITY AND POVERTY are the 3 biggest factors the youth of Mpumalanga is affected by today. So, in alleviating this issue a collaborative initiative with the Office of the Premier, Department of Mineral Resources, Department of Economic Development and Trade and Mega have partnered up to produce the Future Miners Incubation Programme.
This programme strengthens the participation of the entire value chain of the mining industry.
What is it?
The programme is designed to create 3 new mining companies that will seek to unlock new opportunities in the mining sector. The programme will create opportunities for young entrepreneurs to own a share of coal mines,
Selected candidates would then go through extensive training and mentorship programme to establish the goal of being a Future Miner who will become a competitive service provider within the entire value chain of local mines.
The programme goal is in line with achieving the objective of economic transformation, aims to create jobs and opportunities for local mining communities.
This programme also aims to equip participants with various knowledge and skills in operating successful businesses as well as infrastructure and support to develop successful young entrepreneurs.
WHY SHOULD YOU BE PART OF THE
FUTURE MINERS INCUBATION PROGRAMME?
The Future Miners Incubation Programme has been established to achieve the following objectives:
- Sustainable intergenerational equity amongst the youth of Mpumalanga through involvement and participation in the mining sector;
- To establish contracts within the area of the business, with the aim of creating locally-based sustainable mining businesses;
- The advancement of BBBEE and Radical Economic Transformation to ensure mineral resource ownership by youth in Mpumalanga;
- Creating youth-owned businesses to service the mining industry through the procurement of capital goods, consumables, and services as required by the Mining Charter;
- To use the Future Miners Incubation Programme as a catalyst to develop the technical skills required by young people to succeed in the mining industry; and
- Youth empowerment by means of upskilling and knowledge transfer in various elements of the mining value chain
R2 Million package per SME which includes:
2 Years of Industry Technical Skills Training and Mentorship
1 year of business skills training and development
Assistance with all compliance requirements and security mining rights
Business support services such as accounting services, branding and marketing
Assistance with securing capital to acquire equity in a mining consortium
Access to market opportunities for your business
Soft skills training
Business skills training
Part of Future Miners database that will unlock opportunities in the sector
Some error has occured.